At Keir Steele Lawyers people matter.
Our culture is one of substance – providing every opportunity for people to grow professionally and personally.
Our diverse experiences, perspectives and skills are celebrated and form the basis of our strong collaborative relationships.
Every member of our team is encouraged to shape to the strategic direction of the firm, to share in our wins and rally in the face of challenges.
We do so by upholding our values – to be authentic, strategic, accountable and collaborative – in our dealings with each other, our clients and the broader community.
We also value ongoing learning at all levels of our firm and encourage it through our professional development programs, on-the-job mentoring and professional networks.
We enrich relationships beyond our four walls, working frequently in our clients’ offices, remote communities and capital cities to maintain a first-hand understanding of the local, state and national context that influence our clients’ prospects of success.
We also enrich the community through charitable, sporting and social initiatives.
- We are passionate about growing the careers of regional Queensland’s undergraduate and postgraduate lawyers.
- Our graduate program includes postgraduate internships and undergraduate clerkships (summer and winter) focused on building legal and commercial competencies that will provide you with a professional advantage.
- Based in our Townsville office you will work directly with the founders of Keir Steele Lawyers, Moya Steele and Michael Keir, and our senior legal team in a broad range of matters and practice areas.
- You will gain valuable experience building relationships not only with our clients, but across the firm and business community to help you grow as a professional.
- We will also provide mentoring in critical skills that will assist you to build your legal practice in the long-term, including strategic business development, knowledge management and community involvement.
- Openings for the Keir Steele Graduate Program are advertised in September each year, with enquiries from high-performing students welcomed year-round.