Planning and Development
Thriving regional economies are born from the effective planning and development of critical infrastructure, market-responsive projects and dynamic community spaces.
This is achieved by more than the application of relevant law. From the outset of your matter we will collaborate with you to develop a strong understanding of your vision and objectives then work hard to forge a clear path through the complex planning and development process to achieve outcomes that matter.
With proven expertise in leading planning, development and environment matters for both public and private sector clients, our passion is to build lasting relationships that deliver measurable results for regional communities.
Our extensive track record includes advising project proponents, investors, developers and government agencies to deliver large scale mixed use developments, entertainment and resort precincts, major government infrastructure, residential subdivision developments and industry and resources projects across Queensland.
Contact the Keir Steele Lawyers Planning and Development Advisory team for:
Strategic advice and project management
- Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA) and the repealed Integrated Planning Act (IPA)
- Strategic planning and development applications
- End-to-end project management including coordination of project consultants
- Vegetation and coastal management
- Resumption, valuations and compensation
- Litigation and dispute resolution
Commercial advice, negotiation and drafting
- Planning instruments, land management and infrastructure agreements
- Covenants, easements and leases
- Industrial relations and workplace health and safety
- Projects of State significance or within State development Areas
- Local laws
- Environment, native title, heritage and conservation